To keep our staff, volunteers, Board members and visitors safe during the COVID pandemic, the following protocols are in effect:
- Effective June 2, 2021, the Geopark office will re-open, and staff will be following a hybrid of at home and office work. We will continue to follow the recommendations of the Medical Officer of Health for all our activities. Please contact the office (details below) before visiting to ensure someone is here to greet you.
- All Geopark meetings (Board meetings, committee meetings, etc.) will be held by Zoom for the foreseeable future. A Zoom meeting can be arranged for you by contacting email@example.com.
- When at the office, staff will work from their individual workstations, separated by at least 6 feet, and are asked to wash their hands frequently.
- It is not mandatory for staff to wear masks, while at their desks, but they are welcome to do so if the wish.
- Equipment in common (e.g. the printer, filing cabinets, etc.) will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes at least twice daily.
- The kitchen counter, kitchen table, taps, appliances, and door handles will be sanitized at least once daily (and more often depending on use).
- No more than 3 people will use the kitchen at one time and are asked to respect individual space.
- Staff are asked to sanitize their desk, telephone, and the cover of their laptop at the end of each day.
- Visitors must wear masks as they enter our building and maintain 6-foot social distancing.
- The Board Room table, chairs, light switch, and door handles will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes before and after each group meeting.
- Use of the Board Room will be limited to 4 people at any one time to maintain 6-foot social distancing (50% capacity).
- Bottles of hand sanitizer will be in place at each workstation, on the Board Room table and kitchen table.
- Disposable masks are available at no charge for anyone wanting or needing a mask.
- As of June 2, 2021, anyone entering NS must follow NS travel guidelines as outlined here: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/travel/#travel-restrictions.
- Any outdoor Geopark activities and programs will adhere to a maximum of 10 people (including tour leaders/staff) and the six-foot distancing policy as prescribed by the Medical Officer of Health.
- Anyone with COVID-type symptoms is asked to refrain from visiting the Geopark office.
- Any staff with COVID-type symptoms will be working from home and be required to take a COVID test and follow the recommendations of the Medical Officer of Health.
Safe Ways to Contact the Geopark Office:
Mail to: P.O. Box 868, Parrsboro, NS, B0M 1S0