To keep our staff, volunteers, Board members and visitors safe during the COVID pandemic, the following protocols are in effect:
- Staff will work from their individual workstations, separated by at least 6 feet.
- Staff are asked to wash their hands frequently.
- It is not mandatory for staff to wear masks, while at their desks, but they are welcome to do so if the wish.
- Equipment in common (e.g. the printer and filing cabinet) will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes at least twice daily.
- The kitchen counter, kitchen table, taps, appliances and door handles will be sanitized at least once daily (and more often depending on use).
- No more than 2 people will use the kitchen at one time.
- Staff are asked to sanitize their desk, telephone and the cover of their laptop at the end of each day.
- Building visitors must wear masks and maintain 6-foot social distancing.
- The Board Room table, chairs, light switch and door handles will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes before and after each group meeting.
- Use of the Board Room will be limited to 3 people at any one time in order to maintain 6-foot social distancing.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer will be in place at each workstation, on the Board Room table and kitchen table.
- Disposable masks are available at no charge for anyone wanting or needing a mask.
- All Geopark meetings will be required to adhere to the 6-foot social distancing regulation wherever they are held. If this is not possible, then the meeting will be held by Zoom and this can be arranged through the office.
- Anyone entering Nova Scotia from New Brunswick or Newfoundland & Labrador must follow the NS guidelines about self-isolation.
- Anyone with COVID-type symptoms is asked to avoid visiting the Geopark office at this time.
- Any staff with COVID symptoms will be working from home and be required to take a COVID test and follow the recommendations of the Medical Officer of Health.
Safe Ways to Contact the Geopark Office:
Lock box at the front door (checked daily)
Mail to: P.O. Box 868, Parrsboro, NS, B0M 1S0