To keep our staff, volunteers, Board members and visitors safe during the COVID pandemic, the following protocols are in effect:
- Staff will work from their individual workstations, separated by at least 6 feet.
- Staff are asked to wash their hands frequently.
- It is not mandatory for staff to wear masks, but they are welcome to do so if the wish.
- Equipment in common (e.g. the printer and filing cabinet) will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes at least twice daily.
- The kitchen counter, kitchen table, taps, appliances and door handles will be sanitized at least once daily (and more often if considered necessary).
- No more than 2 people will use the kitchen at one time.
- Staff are asked to sanitize their desk, telephone and the cover of their laptop at the end of each day.
- Visitors are asked to wear masks when passing through the common areas of the building.
- The Board Room table, chairs, light switch and door handles will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes before and after each group meeting.
- Use of the Board Room will be limited to 6 people at any one time.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer will be in place at each workstation, on the Board Room table and kitchen table.
- Disposable masks are available at no charge for anyone wanting or needing a mask.
- Any meeting of more than 6 people will be held via Zoom.
- Those who live in (or who have visited) the Halifax area or Hants County or “orange zones” in New Brunswick are asked to refrain from visiting the Geopark office at this time.
- Any staff with COVID symptoms will be working from home and be required to take a COVID test and follow the recommendations of the Medical Officer of Health.
Safe Ways to Contact the Geopark Office:
Lock box at the front door (checked daily)
Mail to: P.O. Box 868, Parrsboro, NS, B0M 1S0