To keep our staff, volunteers, Board members and visitors safe during the COVID pandemic, the following protocols are in effect:
- Geopark staff are following a hybrid of at home and office work. Please contact the office (details below) before visiting to ensure someone is here to greet you.
- Equipment in common (e.g. the printer, filing cabinets, etc.) as well as the kitchen area will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes daily. The Board Room table, chairs, light switch, and door handles will be sanitized using disinfectant wipes before and after each group meeting.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer are in place at each workstation, on the Board Room table and kitchen table.
- Staff are asked to sanitize their desk, telephone, and laptop at the end of each day.
- Please respect individual space when using the kitchen.
- Visitors are asked to sign in when they enter our building and must wear masks and maintain 6-foot social distancing in the public areas of the building. Effective October 4, 2021, proof of vaccination is required.
- NS Travel guidelines can be found here: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/travel/#travel-restrictions.
- Any outdoor Geopark activities and programs will follow the six-foot distancing policy and gathering limits.
- Anyone with COVID-type symptoms is asked to refrain from visiting the Geopark office.
- Any staff with COVID-type symptoms will be working from home and be required to take a COVID test and follow the recommendations of the Medical Officer of Health.
Safe Ways to Contact the Geopark Office:
Mail to: P.O. Box 868, Parrsboro, NS, B0M 1S0