Job Posting – Summer Student Employment
Cliffs of Fundy Global Geopark – Welcome Centre, Economy, Nova Scotia
Position: GeoHeritage Assistant
Tenure: May 31 – Sept 3 (Consideration will be given the ideal student who cannot begin May 31, but within 2 weeks of the that date)
Wage: 35 hrs/wk x 14wks @ $13.25/hr.
Must be either graduating from High School and entering an institution of higher learning or attending College/University and returning in the fall. (Proof of enrolment is required) Must be 15 – 30 years of age.
- Student should have a grasp of the geology, history and culture of Area (Lr. Truro–Apple River), with a keen desire to learn more.
- Have a desire to be an Ambassador for the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark.
- Have a good sense of tourism attractions on our shore – built and natural.
- Must be willing to work as a team or individually.
- Have good computer skills and writing ability.
- Must have an outgoing personality; patience dealing with others.
- Must have good communication skills that will be developed during work term.
- Research and communication will be paramount in this position.
- Must be punctual; be a self-starter and be trustworthy.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide 3 references please!