Administrative Assistant – Part-time Position – PDF Description
The Cliffs of Fundy UNESCO Global Geopark is located along Nova Scotia’s Fundy shore, from Lower Truro, Colchester County, to Apple River, Cumberland County. It highlights and promotes the region’s extraordinary, world renowned geology, archeology and cultural heritage.
The role of the Geopark Administrative Assistant is to provide office support for the other staff in achieving the goals of operating a leading UNESCO Global Geopark.
The Administrative Assistant will be expected to maintain an organized filing system for the office files of the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark. A significant portion of time will include liaising with businesses and organizations that provide services within the Geopark, assisting in the development of partnerships and tracking visitor numbers. The Administrative Assistant will also assist with the preparation of presentation materials, take minutes for Board and committee meetings, order stationery supplies as needed and be the point person for various suppliers of the office operations.
Applicants must have a College diploma or University degree in a related discipline such as Office Administration, Tourism, Heritage and Culture or Community Development or equivalent on the job experience. This position could be of interest also to a retired person with applicable experience. Some relevant work experience is required.
This is a regular part-time position of three days per week (24 hours per week), working from our office in Debert, N.S. with the potential for increased hours of employment as the organization grows. Some flexibility with occasional evening or weekend hours is required. The hourly rate for this position is $15 per hour.
- Well-organized with excellent time management skills
- Team player but also able to well alone
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Expertise in customer service
- Strong ability in priority-setting
- Neat handwriting and a pleasant telephone manner
- Competent in all Microsoft 10 applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Internet research
- Comfort level using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark is considered an asset
- Proficiency in English is required
- Competency in a second language (French or Mi’kmaw especially) is considered an asset
We welcome applications from all qualified applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume by 4:30 p.m. (AST) on Friday November 27, 2020 to Beth Peterkin, Executive Director at the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
The Cliffs of Fundy Geopark Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from diverse populations.