Geopark Administrative Assistant Job Posting
The Cliffs of Fundy UNESCO Global Geopark is located along Nova Scotia’s Fundy shore, from Lower Truro, Colchester County, to Apple River, Cumberland County. It highlights and promotes the region’s extraordinary, world renowned geology, archeology and cultural heritage.
The role of the Geopark Administrative Assistant is to assist the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark Manager in achieving the goals of operating a leading UNESCO Global Geopark.
The administrative assistant will be expected to organize and maintain a filing system for the office files of the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark. S/he will be responsible for posting regularly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and monitoring these accounts for usage statistics. A significant portion of time will include liaising with businesses and organizations providing services within the Geopark, assisting in the development of partnerships and tracking visitor numbers. The Administrative Assistant will also assist the Manager with grant applications and preparing presentation materials. Applicants must have a College diploma or University degree in a related discipline such as Accounting, Tourism, or Community Development or equivalent on the job experience. This position could be of interest also to a retired person with relevant experience. Some work experience is required.
This is a regular part-time position, with the probability of increased hours of employment as the organization grows. In the future, the Administrative Assistant may also take on bookkeeping duties under the direction of the Manager. The successful candidate will start with the equivalent of one day a week out of our office in Debert, NS. The hourly rate for this position is $15 per hour.
- Team player but also works well alone
- Good communication both verbal and written
- Comfortable using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Knowledge of the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark is considered an asset
- Proficiency in English is required.
- A second language (French or Mi’kmaw especially) is considered an asset
- Customer service skills, neat handwriting, pleasant telephone manner
- Competent in all Microsoft 10 applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and a familiarity with the Sage Accounting System would be considered an asset.
We welcome applications from all qualified applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter and resume by 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 11, 2020 to the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark: email@example.com
The Cliffs of Fundy Geopark Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer